Each chef will be asked to prepare a 4-5 course meal on Thursday, October 21st for a table of 8 people and coordinate with a local designer to collaborate on the tablescape design to match the culinary theme.
We ask each chef to provide the following:
- 4-5 Courses for 8 people
- All serving ware, cookware, plate ware, silverware, warmers, and anything else needed to cook and plate meals for guests.
***OKC Zoo has some tableware available for use. We need know if planning to use Zoo tableware.
We will provide the following for each chef:
- Dollies for unloading
- Two 8’ prep tables
- 2 servers / evening helpers
- Each chef will have their own 20-amp circuit.
- There will be a cocktail hour from 5:30 to 7:00 with a Host Bar.
- Each table will have red and white wine pre-set on the table, provided by Focus on Home.
- Chefs are also encouraged to pair courses with specialty wine, beer, or custom cocktail.
Prepping and Cooking
- Two 8ft. prep tables will be provided for each chef next to the guest’s table.
- Cooking capabilities will be limited to anything you can warm up via hot plate, heat lamp, crock-pot, and/or disposable food warmer.
***OPEN FLAMES ARE NOT PERMITTED UNLESS IT IS A STERNO***
- Chefs are able to grill or prepare specialty items in Zoo kitchen, however, space is limited and must be approved before the event.
- Limited electrical access will be provided. Extension cords must be provided by the Designer/Chef Team.
- Ice and water will be available to chefs in the Zoo kitchen.
There will be a parking lot available at the back of the zoo, close to the venue.
Information Needed from Your Team:
- Does Chef need access to one 20-amp circuit?
- Does Design Team need access to a shared 20-amp circuit?
- If you provide your own table, please let us know if it will seat: 8 guests
- If you would like us to provide a table, which would you prefer?
- Rectangle – 8’ x 30”
- Round – 60” round or 72” round
- Serpentine – 60”
- Are you providing your own linens?
- Would you like us to provide a linen for your table? If yes, Zoo has these available upon request: Color?
- Please indicate the linen for your appropriate table size/style:
- Rectangle – 90” x 132” Black Polyester
- Round – 90” Black Polyester
- Serpentine–Black Spandex
- Are you providing your own chairs?
- If you would like us to provide chairs for you, which of the following would you prefer and how many?
- Footprint – What dimensions are needed for your space?
- Structures – Please tell us what items will be added to your space so that we can plan accordingly such as:
- Walls/Framing structures
- Lighting Stands
- Any Closed Off Sides (Please describe)
For questions about chef participation, please contact Joli Sanders: Joli@focusonhome.org or 405.426.2646.